FactsnFakes respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects our users to do the same. We comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and have implemented the following policy to address claims of copyright infringement:
Notification of Infringement If you believe that your work has been copied and is accessible on our website in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify us by sending a written notification to our designated agent:
Your notification must include the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or someone authorized to act on their behalf.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed.
- Identification of the material claimed to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity, which is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
- Your contact information includes your address, telephone number, and email address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Upon receipt of a valid DMCA notice, we will remove or disable access to the infringing material and notify the user responsible for the content.
Counter Notification If you believe that your material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification, you may submit a counter-notification to our designated agent.
Your counter-notification must include the following information:
- Your physical or electronic signature.
- Identify the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled, and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled.
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled due to mistake or misidentification.
- Your name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located, or if your address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the website may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided the original DMCA notice or an agent of such person.
Upon receipt of a valid counter-notification, we will forward it to the party who submitted the original DMCA notice. The original complainant will have 10 business days to notify us that they have filed a legal action relating to the allegedly infringing material. If we do not receive such notification, we will restore the material within 10 to 14 business days after receipt of the counter-notification.
Repeat Infringers We reserve the right to terminate the accounts of users who are repeat infringers of intellectual property rights.
Policy Changes We may modify this DMCA policy at any time by updating this page. Please check this page periodically to ensure you are satisfied with any changes made. This policy is effective from [insert effective date].
Contact Us If you have any questions or concerns about this DMCA Policy, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.